What areas do you service?
We service Fremont County, Sublette County, Teton County, Sweetwater County.
Does Pirate Propane rent and sell tanks?
Yes, we have several different sized available. For information on pricing and availability please call 307-335-7333.
Do you fill BBQ bottles?
No. For all cylinders we recommend taking them to Ace Hardware in Lander WY.
How to I know my percentage?
Underneath your tank lid, look for the gauge that reads 5 to 95. That will tell you your percentage reading.
When should I order propane?
We recommend ordering when you are at no less than 20%
Why does my gauge not read 100% after filling?
Due to the properties of propane we fill to 80% to allow for expansion.
If I smell gas or suspect a leak what should I do?
See Back side of delivery ticket.
- Put out all smoking materials and any other open flames.
- Do not operate any appliances, switches or thermostats.
- Get everyone outside and away from gas equipment.
- Shut off the gas supply, using the shutoff valve at the tank or cylinder.
- Call your propane supplier – use your neighbors’ phone- if gas smell is inside house.
- Stay outside and leave the gas off until the leak has been found and fixed.
What happens when I run out of gas?
- Turn off all appliance control valves
- Turn off the propane service valve on the propane tank.
- Call your propane supplier and advise them that you are “OUT OF GAS”. We will arrange to meet you for a safety leak test, pressure test, and propane delivery.
- Don’t attempt to turn the gas back on yourself. We must first conduct a safety leak test before refilling your tank. When you schedule your propane delivery be sure you will be home and available, so we can conduct the pressure test, check your appliances and the gas system and then relight your appliances to assure that they are operating properly and are leak free.
- If there is a continuance of out of gas calls for your residence, then you may be subject to and out of gas fee.
Can I buy my own parts and do hook up installation myself?
No, we do not sell parts and allow do-it-yourself installations. We always recommend having qualified personnel work on installation or repairs. The installation, modification, or repair of an LPG system by a person who is not licensed or registered to install, modify or repair an LPG system may cause injury, harm or loss. Always contact a person licensed or registered to install, modify, or repair an LPG system. A person licensed to install, or repair and LPG system may not be liable for damages caused by the modification of LPG system by an unlicensed person except as other wise provided by applicable law.
Does Pirate Propane sell bad gas?
No. All propane companies use the same sources and grade of propane. Companies who advertise a better grade of propane or accusing another company of selling a lower grade of propane are NOT being truthful. According to the Propane 101 website “retail propane companies that advertise “highest quality propane” are actually selling propane that conformed to the specifications as required to be labeled as HD-5 propane. As an important fact to note is that there is no higher grade than HD-5 propane available for resale through retail propane companies in the United States. HD-5 is the highest grade of propane available to U.S. customers. A company stating that their propane is higher grade than HD-5 is inaccurate to their claim.”
Do you do trenchwork for new installations?
We ask that you provide and open trench upon our arrival for your installation. Trenches need to be 12-15 inches deep. If the area is going to be driven over then the trench needs to be at least 24 inches deep.
I need a new propane installation. What do I need to do?
We ask that you have all propane appliances installed and plumbed by a licensed professional. They will stub the line to the outside wall of the building. We will then come and set the tank and complete the installation from the house to the tank. After the installation is finished, we will be able to pressure test the entire system to make sure the system is safe and ready to use.